Workshop Time: 9AM – 5PM
Workshop Date: 16 December 2017 (Saturday)
Workshop Venue: Entopia
Early Bird Special: RM300 (register before 16 Nov 2017)
FREE Friends of Entopia Individual Membership (1 Year) worth RM188 !!!
(Only for those who sign up before 16 Nov 2017)
Standard Fee: RM500
Friends of Entopia members privilege: RM300
For group package and other enquiries please email to email@example.com or contact 04-8888123.
What is included in the workshop fee?
• Tutorial by Kazuo Unno
• 50 species of live butterflies as the ‘models’
• Opportunity to showcase your photography work in our exhibition area or social media
• Networking with like-minded people
• Entopia entrance fee
• 1 piece of photo print 8” x 24” of your own photography work on that day
• Lunch is provided
• A chance to win the Best Photo Award with a cash prize of RM500 (1 Winner will be selected by Kazuo Unno himself)
• Bonus Insect Photography Session
|0900-0910||Welcome & Introduction||The Sphere|
|0910-1000||Sharing & Tutorial||The Sphere|
|1000-1200||Butterfly Shooting Session||Natureland*|
|1200-1300||Lunch Break||The Sphere|
|1300-1500||Photo-Screening and Commenting by Kazuo Unno||The Sphere|
|1500-1700||Bonus Insect Photography Session||The Cocoon|
* Venue & photography subjects may change in case of inclement weather
Topics covered in this workshop:
• How to find photography spots for butterflies
• How to approach a butterfly
• The different types and features of digital cameras
• Camera settings and techniques for Butterfly Photography (aperture, shutter speed, etc.）
• How to take a picture of a butterfly in motion
• How to capture a butterfly with standard zoom, telephoto zoom, macro lens, telephoto single focal lens
• How to photograph butterflies in their own natural habitat and surroundings
Frequently Asked Questions
What should I bring?
It is the participant’s responsibility to ensure that they bring their camera and all other necessary equipment with them on the day. There will not be any spare cameras, batteries etc. which we can lend you on the day.
• Digital Camera
• Extra Batteries
• Extra Memory Cards
Where is the workshop?
Entopia by Penang Butterfly Farm.
How long is the workshop session?
The workshop session is about 6 hours, however we do provide a bonus and exclusive 2 hours photography session of other invertebrates for the participants.
How early should I arrive?
Our session starts promptly. We recommend that you arrive about 30 minutes before the workshop time to locate the venue and perform registration.
What happens if I have to cancel?
No cancellation is allowed however change of participant is allowed. If you are unable to attend the workshop for any reason you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org 3 days before the workshop to provide us with the name of a substitute to attend the workshop on your behalf and on receipt of this email we shall make such substitution and allow the substitute access to the workshop.
About the Instructor:
KAZUO UNNO – A Renowned Insect Photographer From Japan
• He has more than 50 years experience in photography.
• He has published more than 150 books, mainly on the topic of nature and insects. Some of his books have been translated to other languages and are also published in Taiwan and Korea. He has published more than 600 video clips and documentaries on his website and YouTube channel.
• He has appeared on several programs on the NHK Educational TV channel.
• He was appointed as the President of the Japan Society of Science Photography and the Consultant to Nikon Club.
• He is a member of various other societies including the International Environment Photographers Association, Japan Professional Photographers Society, Japan Ethological Society, and Japan Henri Fabre Society.
• He received The Photographic Society Annual Award of Japan in 1994.
• He maintained a photography studio in Komoro City in Nagano Prefecture, where he records the surrounding nature and publishes a picture of the day to his “Komoro Diary” on his official website.
Butterfly Photography by Kazuo Unno
Books Published By Kazuo Unno
Terms and Conditions:
1. Acceptance of terms and conditions
By completing the registration form for this Workshop, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions set out below (“Terms”) and they will be incorporated into the contract between us (“Contract”). Participants attend the Workshop shall comply with these Terms. The Contract is formed when we send you a booking confirmation.
2. Registration and Payment
Participants is required to be 13 years old and above. The fee for attending the Workshop (“Registration Fee”) will be as stated on the registration form for the relevant Workshop from time to time. Prices are inclusive of GST. All payments for the Registration Fee must be made in full at the time of completing the registration form and in any event prior to the date of the Workshop. Payment will be made via our merchant account provider (and you consent to us passing your necessary details to the merchant account provider and to them processing necessary information about you) or directly to our bank account, as notified to you. We reserve the right to run price promotions as we think fit.
3. Promotional Rate
a. Early Bird Promotion (RM300.00 per pax)
- For each completed registration under the early bird promotion rate, a complimentary one (1) year Friends of Entopia Individual Membership worth RM 188.00 will be given during the event date.
- This promotion rate is valid only until 15 November 2017.
- Registration after the early bird promotion period will NOT be entitled the complimentary one (1) year Friends of Entopia Individual Membership.
- The general Friends of Entopia Terms and Conditions shall apply to the complimentary Friends of Entopia Individual Membership.
- Only the person whose name is registered under the workshop may redeem the complimentary membership package and it is non-transferable.
- The complimentary membership package must be redeemed within the date stated on the issued Redemption Card.
b. Friends of Entopia Promotion Rate (RM300.00 per pax)
- This promotion is only applicable for existing Friends of Entopia members and is valid until 15 December 2017.
- For each completed registration under this rate, a complimentary “Magnifying Little Monsters” Nature Learning Programme for two (2) pax worth RM 178.00 will be given.
- The general “Magnifying Little Monsters” Terms and Conditions shall apply.
- At least one (1) person registering for the complimentary nature learning programme must also be registered under the workshop.
- The complimentary nature learning programme must be redeemed on or before 31 March 2018.
c. Group Rate Package (RM199.00 per pax)
- This rate is only applicable for bookings of five (5) pax and above and valid until 15 December 2017.
- Registration under group rate package will NOT be entitled the complimentary one (1) year Friends of Entopia Individual Membership and/or the complimentary “Magnifying Little Monsters” Nature Learning Programme for two (2) pax.
- Group Rate Package rate at RM199.00 per pax will be extended at the Penang International Science Fair on 11 & 12 November 2017 without the requirement of five (5) minimum pax. Only limited seats will be made available under this promotion based on the discretion of the organiser.
4. Refunds and Cancellation policy
All tickets for the Workshop shall be non-refundable. However, if you are unable to attend the Workshop for any reason you may email us at email@example.com 3 days before the workshop to provide us with the name of a substitute to attend the Workshop on your behalf and on receipt of this email we shall make such substitution and allow the substitute access to the Workshop.
There may be circumstances in which we need to cancel the Workshop. In such circumstances, we will provide you with a full refund of the amount of the Registration Fee that you have paid to us and we will make very effort to provide you with such refund within 60 days of the date of cancellation.
5. Liability and Disclaimer – important, you must read this
Our sole liability in relation to any cancellation, postponement or change of venue shall be limited to the price paid by you for such Workshop and we shall not be liable under any circumstances for any consequential losses. In providing this workshop, no person is acting as your solicitor or providing you with legal advice. We are providing you with training, template documents and guidance.
6. Your obligations
If you act in any way which in our opinion is likely to cause any harm or nuisance to any person at the Workshop, you will be required to leave the Workshop and we shall not be liable to refund your Registration Fee or any other payment. You must comply at all times with the health and safety policy of the venue. You must comply with all requests from us or the venue with regard to health and safety and failure to do so will result in you being asked to leave the workshop (in which case no refund will be provided). You may not bring any equipment or items of a hazardous or dangerous nature to the Workshop.
You shall not cause any damage to any part of the venue (including insects, garden, outside areas, and all inside walls, flooring, fixtures and fittings). You are solely liable for any damage caused by you to any such area of the venue and shall fully reimburse us in relation to any damage so caused.
You must keep your personal belongings with you at all times and we accept no liability for any damage to, loss of or theft of any of your belongings or other items brought to the Workshop by you.
7. Promotional materials and materials at the Workshop
You agree that we may include your details in any promotional materials relating to the Workshop and/or any materials used at the Workshop. We are not liable for errors or omissions contained in such information.
Unless otherwise stated, the copyright for any such promotional materials and any materials used at the Workshop (including pictures, course notes, slides, brochures, articles and case studies) belongs to us and may not be reproduced in any medium without our prior written consent.
You may use such materials for your own business purposes only and may not reproduce, publish or deal with such materials in any way for any commercial use.
Butterfly House (PG) Sdn Bhd reserves the right to change the published programme (including the publicised speakers) or materials as we think fit.
8. Photography and filming
We may wish to photograph or film the Workshop and reserve the right to do so for the purposes of promoting future workshops or otherwise. You consent to us (or any other person attending the Workshop) photographing or filming you and any persons attending the Workshop with you. You may not photograph or video the Workshop without our prior consent.
9. Privacy & Data protection
10. Entry Wristband Redemption
We will send you e-tickets/ receipts for the workshop. We will have your name on the attendee list and if you have paid the Registration Fee you shall be provided with access to the Workshop. Only valid e-tickets or original receipts will be accepted to redeem your actual entry wristband during the day of the workshop. Please make your entry wristband redemption at Edu Helpdesk from 8:30am – 9:00am on 16 December 2017.
11. Travel, accommodation and refreshments
You shall be responsible for making and paying for your own travel and accommodation arrangements to and from the Workshop. If you are late at the workshop or prevented from attending the Workshop due to travel delays or any other circumstances, we shall not be obliged to provide you with a refund or to wait to start the Workshop until you arrive. Lunch will be provided.
12. Disability and medical conditions
If you have any disability or medical condition that requires us to make special arrangements for you, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible and in any workshop at least 2 weeks prior to the date of the Workshop.
13. Limitations of Liability
Whilst every reasonable precaution is taken by us to ensure security and safety at the workshop, we shall not in any way be liable for any loss or damage suffered by you whatsoever in relation to the Workshop, save that nothing in these Terms shall be deemed to limit the liability of any person for death or personal injury caused by negligence.
Nothing in these Terms shall limit or exclude our liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence, any fraudulent misrepresentation or any other liability for which it is unlawful to exclude or limit liability.
Our total liability for any matter arising out of the Contract shall in all circumstances be limited to the price paid by you for the Workshop and we shall not in any circumstances be liable to you for any consequential loss whatsoever.
14. Governing law
These terms shall be governed by the Laws of Malaysia and your hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in Malaysia. Butterfly House (Pg) Sdn. Bhd. reserves the right to amend any Terms & Conditions without prior notice.